Ready to innovate?
Do you want to help shape the world of tomorrow? Big challenges don't scare you? Or do you want to learn Design Thinking in a practical way?
Then the HIKEathon is just right for you!
This format gives you the opportunity to submit social challenges and problems and/or work in teams to solve them.
And the best thing about it: anyone can join in!
REGISTER NOW WITHOUT OBLIGATION
WHAST IS THE HIKEATHON
SOLVING BIG PROBLEMS In
A SHORT TIME
The HIKEathon is an interactive and productive event and lasts approx. 1-2 days. The format is accompanied and organised by coaching from the hike team and many exciting Design Thinking Methods.
Participants each solve a previously defined challenge. This takes place in interdisciplinary teams, which we put together from all participants.
But what exactly are challenges? Here too, everyone can get involved. From climate change to the shortage of skilled workers. As a Challenger, you have the opportunity to place topics that are close to you or your company's heart.
By the way, there is nothing to stop you from being a challenger and a participant at the same time.
The highlights of the HIKEathon in retrospect.
How can you participate in the HIKEathon?
You have a challenge or a problem that affects society or your company? You can submit a challenge as a student, as a university staff member or as an external participant. After the challenges have been analysed and selected by our teams, they will be solved by the participants at our next HIKEathon.
Solution Finders solve the challenge. These are interdisciplinary teams consisting of students and/or university staff. Company employees can also be part of a team. To become a Solution Finder, you can either apply directly for a Challenge or register here on our list.
Experts can contribute their specialised knowledge and experience in certain areas to help the teams solve problems or improve, concretise and implement ideas. Experts can also act as jury members and judge the teams to choose the winner of the HIKEathon. Would you like to sign up as an expert? Then contact us directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
and what makes hike?
The hike team organises the HIKEathon. This means we receive all challenge and theme requests, communicate the event, acquire corporate partners and participants and organise and coach through the event itself.
From complex problems to innovative solutions.
1. Basecamp Here, the HIKEeathon is prepared by the hike team. We collect challenges, solution finder teams, acquire partner companies and take care of organisation and marketing.
2. Keynote In the keynote, the Solution Finders receive all the necessary information on the HIKEathon topic. This way, all team members are on the same level of knowledge and can better contribute their strengths during the challenge.
3. Problem analysis After the input, we go deeper into the understanding of the problem together in teams. Team members exchange ideas and get to the bottom of the problems together.
4. Ideation In the solution part, not just one idea is developed but a variety. Through methods we identify a favourite, which is then further elaborated.
5. Prototyping Ideas are implemented. With quick prototypes we get going and work out the idea more concretely.
6. Testing In this phase we test the idea directly on users. In this way, we learn whether we are on the right track and gain insights and approaches on how we can continue to work on the project.
7. Pitch Here, each team presents its result and the insights gained.
8. Jury evaluation The day concludes with feedback from the jury and participants. Participants will also receive a certificate and a badge.