We are looking for challenges on the current energy crisis.
Whether technical, social or economic challenges ...
Tell us more about the challenge that you think should be worked on urgently at the HIKEathon on 09-10.12.2022.
Registration deadline for challenges is 15.10.22
What is The Hikeathon
Solving big problems in short time
The Hikeathon is a makeathon, lasts 2 days and takes place in person. In this format, participants from different disciplines come together and solve a predefined challenge.
The combination of interdisciplinary teams and time-efficient work is fun and extremely effective.
Students, university staff, companies and employees can take part.
The whole thing is accompanied by the Hike Team, which supports the implementation with design thinking, coaching and methods.
You can read about the exact schedule here.
The Three Roles
To run a hikeathon you essentially need 3 roles:
The challenger initiates the challenge by contacting the HIKE team and formulating the challenge together with them. Challengers can be companies, university staff or students.
A challenge is a problem that you want to solve. If you have a challenge, you can contact us here.
SOLUTION FINDER TEAMS
Solution Finders solve the challenge.
These are interdisciplinary teams consisting of students and/or university staff. Company employees can also be part of a team.
To become a Solution Finder, you either apply directly to a Challenge or sign up here on our list.
As HIKE, we support and advise challengers in formulating the right challenge.
We also acquire Solution Finder teams and organise the HIKEathon.
During the event, we support the teams in solving the challenge through methods and coaching.
Hikeathon x Energy Crisis
That's what the Hikeathon is all about this winter.
Up-to-date and relevant With the Hikeathon, we want to offer a format that deals with current topics that are of interest to a large part of the population and also fit in with the study programmes offered by Nordhausen University of Applied Sciences.
The topic of the energy crisis meets exactly these acceptance criteria. Because here we have a challenge that affects many areas of life and structures.
The topic concerns companies and consumers, tenants and landlords, public institutions and private households, rich and poor.
Help shape the Hikeathon as a Challenger
Your company is facing big economic hurdles? Are you worried about how socially disadvantaged people will get through the crisis? Are you concerned about the possible loss of public sports and cultural facilities? Or do you see the crisis as an opportunity to advance new technologies?
Whether you are a company owner, an employee or a student - tell us more about the challenge that concerns you most in connection with the energy crisis. We will publish the selected challenges here on 20.10.
Or be an active Solution Finder on 09.-10.12.
Social challenges need social solutions. Your background and perspective are in demand and enrich the interdisciplinary teamwork.
Become a Challenger
Whether anonymous, a student, an employee or an entrepreneur, submit your challenge by 15.10.2022.
Tell us more about the challenge that most concerns you.
If you have any questions about the challenge and the conditions, you can contact us here or browse our Challenger FAQs here ...
Want to bring your perspective to the Hikeathon on 9-10.12.22?
Here you can learn about design thinking, improve your team skills, experience new people and perspectives, make the world a better place and even boost your CV with a coveted certificate and badge.
Join our Hikeathon list now!
You still have questions about participation?
Maybe we have the right answer here ...
What others say about the HIKEathon
"... I was thrilled with everything that happened that day."
Jana Zöller, Managing DirectorEVN
This is how a HIKEathon goes!
1. Basecamp This is where the Hikeathon is prepared by the Hike Team. We will collect challenges and publish them on this page on 20 October.
As Solution Finder you register here. We will put together teams of about 4-5 people from all the registrations.
2. Keynote Every HIKEathon starts with a challenge presentation by the hike team. In this keynote the Solution Finders will get all the necessary information about the Challenge. This way, all team members are on the same level of knowledge and can better contribute their strengths during the Challenge.
3. Problem Analysis After the input, we deepen the understanding of the problem together in teams. Team members exchange ideas and get to the bottom of the problems together.
4. Ideation In the solution part, not just one idea is developed, but a variety. Through methods we identify a favourite, which is then further elaborated.
5. Prototyping Ideas should be implemented. With quick prototypes we get going and work out the idea more concretely.
6. Testing In this phase we test the idea directly on users. This tells us whether we are on the right track and gives us insights into how we can continue to work on the project.
7. Pitch When preparing the pitch, the developed solutions are creatively prepared and staged so that they trigger enthusiasm. Creative presentation techniques are desirable!
8. Jury Evaluation The day concludes with feedback from the jury and participants. Participants will also receive a certificate and a badge.